Monday, January 16, 2012

Small Rant

Dear World,

I may not the best person out there.  I'm not the prettiest, or the smartest, or anything-est, but I'm still a person just trying to live my life in the best way I can.  I may not scale mountains on the weekends or have people begging to date me or get the best grade point average, but I'm doing my absolute best.

I've been given a lot of privileges in this life and I continue to strive to deserve them.

I just got accepted into veterinary school, on top of that, they are giving me a $1000 grant for my first year there.  Did I have a 4.0 gpa? No. Did I have spectacular GRE scores? No. Did I, on paper, look like the best candidate? Probably not.

But I have remained faithful to the goal of becoming a veterinarian for most of my life, and I have done nothing but prepare for it since my senior year of high school.  I've never been the smartest, or have gotten the best grades, but I knew what I wanted and tried my absolute best to achieve it.

Now am I worth it?  I don't know, but now is my time to prove it so even though I feel like some people may look on me with disdain Why did SHE get an offer? or jealousy, How did she get in, I'm so much better than her! I'm going to do my best.  I personally like to think that I'm brave enough to continue despite the overwhelming amount of self doubt that I have about my abilities.  But I suppose I should have faith that the admissions committee was right about me, and that I deserve my spot in the class of 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment