Monday, September 1, 2014

Sometimes when you lose, you win.

Its amazing to me how life can surprise you, and all you needed to do was just take a hard look at it.  The last year hasn't been the easiest for me.  I slogged through my first year of veterinary school, trying to ignore the ache of a broken heart.  But somewhere through all of that hardship, my life all of a sudden became exponentially better, and the funny thing is, I didn't even realize it until I look up from reading a pathology book and see an adorable doe-eyed greyhound at the end of my bed and a gorgeous man with a beautiful spirit napping next to me.

It dawned on me that even when life appears to just...well, suck.   It really doesn't.  I went to the Caribbean and took a course on marine animal medicine, I've done solid research on a topic of interest to me, I have a boyfriend who I'm honored to be with (and who loves the "snot" out of me), and I'm at a house with a woman I deeply admire and her affectionate dogs.

I'm really not sure life could be any better for me at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment